NB: All electronic documents are provided for personal use only. Downloading a document should be considered a request by you for a single copy. Do not circulate or disseminate.
Here we provide the papers from our group that focus on the methods (for the full set of papers, go here).
In chronological order (starting from the earliest):
- Blank, I., Kiran, S. & Fedorenko, E. (2017). Can neuroimaging help aphasia researchers? Addressing generalizability, variability, and interpretability.. Cognitive Neuropsychology 34(6), 377-393.
- Fedorenko, E. & Kanwisher, N. (2009). Neuroimaging of language: Why hasn’t a clearer picture emerged? Language and Linguistics Compass, 3, 839-65.
- Fedorenko, E., Hsieh, P.-J., Nieto-Castañon, A., Whitfield-Gabrieli, S. & Kanwisher, N. (2010). A new method for fMRI investigations of language: Defining ROIs functionally in individual subjects. Journal of Neurophysiology, 104, 1177-94.
- Fedorenko, E. & Kanwisher, N. (2011). Functionally localizing language-sensitive regions in individual subjects with fMRI: A reply to Grodzinsky’s critique of Fedorenko & Kanwisher (2009). Language and Linguistics Compass, 5(2), 78-94.
- [You can find Yosef Grodzinsky’s response to our 2009 paper here.]
- Fedorenko, E. & Kanwisher, N. (2011). Some regions within Broca’s area do respond more strongly to sentences than to linguistically degraded stimuli: A comment on Rogalsky & Hickok (2010). Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 23(10), 2632-2635.
- Julian, J., Fedorenko, E., Webster, J. & Kanwisher, N. (2012). An algorithmic method for functionally defining regions of interest in the ventral visual pathway. Neuroimage, 60, 2357-2364.
- Nieto-Castañon, A. & Fedorenko, E. (2012). Subject-specific functional localizers increase sensitivity and functional resolution of multi-subject analyses. Neuroimage, 63, 1646-1669.
- Fedorenko, E., Hsieh P.-J. & Balewski, Z. (2013). A possible functional localizer for identifying brain regions sensitive to sentence-level prosody. Language, Cognition and Neuroscience (formerly Language and Cognitive Processes), 30(1-2), 120-148.
- Mahowald, K. & Fedorenko, E. (2016). Reliable individual-level neural markers of high-level language processing: A necessary precursor for relating neural variability to behavioral and genetic variability.
Paper-related resources. NeuroImage, 139, 74-93.
- Scott, T.L., Gallée, J., & Fedorenko, E. (2016). A new fun and robust version of an fMRI localizer for the frontotemporal language system. Cognitive Neuroscience. Cognitive Neuroscience, 8(3), 167-176.